Congratulations to everyone who has renewed their membership. We know it was a big change this year and we appreciate your patience. With COVID we were not able to roll this out at the Annual Meeting, as we had planned, but we shifted a few times and to date 82% of our membership has renewed. If you haven't renewed, it is ok, we are still accepting renewals.
In this newsletter we wanted to let you know of a few things such as how to get your new membership card with the gate code, how to renew your membership if you haven't, news about the Annual Meeting and some updates from the September board meeting.
We thank you for your patience and if you need help, please let one of the following officers know.
- Ron Page, President (409) 729-GTGC
- Richard Worthey, Director of Safety and Training (409) 210-9333
- Heather Yvonne, Director of Women's Programs (The Pistolettes), Club Secretary/Treasurer (409) 210-1867
For questions about your online account, please TEXT Heather at
(409) 210-1867 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gate Code Will Change on October 1st.
On October 1st, we will add the new gate code to the system. If you have attended Orientation, you can log into your account and you will automatically see the new code on your card. You can print out the PDF Membership Card or you can use the App, Wild Apricot for Members, to display your Membership Card. Here is a link to the APP. You can even save it as a photo on your phone if you prefer.
If you log on and find that your membership card is not displaying the gate code because it says, Access Granted After Orientation, this means that you have not attended Orientation and will need to register for an upcoming class. The class schedule is under Events on the Club website or you can click here: Events Be sure to scroll through the events page to find an open class. We are only allowing half capacity due to COVID.
With all of the circumstances of 2020, we will leave the existing gate code in place until March 31, 2021 to allow people more time to go through Orientation BUT on April 1, 2021 the code will be removed and you will no longer have access to the Club if you have not attended Orientation. We have just over 800 members who still have to attend Orientation, so we ask that you do not wait until March.
It is 2020, and that means it is Election time. We will be voting on two year terms at the Annual Meeting and wanted you to be able to read the Bio's of those nominated for each office, prior to the election. You can find those on our website here: Board Members
The Annual Meeting has been a moving target this year due to COVID and the Hurricane season. We are hoping to still rent out the Port Arthur Bob Bowers Civic Center as in years past, as soon as they open to the public, we will know more info. This will allow for the maximum in social distancing and we are hoping to LIVE stream it as well. Our back up plan would be to send a newsletter like this, with links to items to vote on electronically.
News from the September 8th Board Meeting
- Road repair is a standard thing every year and we will begin preparing for the wet season (winter) soon by filling in holes in the roads.
- The Bylaw changed unanimously passed with 18 of 23 Board members voting and of those who voted, all were in favor of the change; all members were notified of the proposed change in July and the Board unanimously passed creating a Military/LEO membership category for active, retired and disabled military/LEO as well as updating the name of other membership levels to match the online system.
- We are looking for additional volunteers to be RSO's and we will host an RSO class on October 24th from 8am-6pm. Please let us know if you are interested in taking this class and serving as a Club RSO by contacting Richard Worthey, email: email@example.com
- Andre Rosales, the Club's current Secretary/Treasurer resigned his position and recommended Heather Yvonne as his replacement. The motion to accept his resignation passed and the motion for Heather to be his successor passed unanimously. Heather's term as the Club's Secretary/Treasurer is effective immediately.
Can I still renew my membership?
Yes, you can renew one of three ways.
- Online, here is a tutorial: Tutorial
- Mail in your check to the PO BOX below, made out to GTGC
(it is averaging 3 weeks for mail to reach us, per the Post Office)
Golden Triangle Gun Club
P.O. Box 5305
Beaumont, TX 77726-5305
- You may pay with check or cash at Orientation.