25/50 YARD HANDGUN
& RIMFIRE RIFLE RANGE
HANDGUNS, PISTOL CALIBER CARBINES OR LEVERGUNS,
AND RIMFIRE RIFLES ARE PERMITTED.
NO CENTERFIRE RIFLES OR RIFLE CALIBER FIREARMS
1. All shooting shall be done from the firing line – no shooting in front of, or behind, this line for any reason at any time.
2. All shooting must be done from the standing or sitting position with the barrel above the shooting bench. Shooting from a prone position is PROHIBITED.
3. Shoot only at approved targets, which on this range are as follows:
a. Paper or cardboard targets mounted on club target stands, placed at 25 or 50 yards. No cans, bottles, boxes, etc. are permitted.
b. Clay shotgun targets (pigeons) may be used as targets and must be placed on the face of the impact berm, no higher than 48 inches measured from the ground to the top of the target.
c. Personal target stands made from wood or PVC may be used and must be placed at 25 or 50 yards only. d. Metal swingers may be used as targets but must be placed no closer to the firing line than 50 yards for safety reasons (bullet splatter and ricochets). The top of metal swingers may not exceed 48” in height measured from the ground to the top of the metal.
4. All rounds fired must come to rest in the impact berm.
5. Pick up, and properly dispose of, all fired cartridge cases.
Note: At Club approved matches, events or training classes, you may see a deviation from the standard range rules. Please do not think that as a general member you can mimic these actions as the Match Directors, Event Coordinator, or Instructor have taken additional safety precautions ensuring that the bullets die in the berm and the participants act in a safe manner whereby a Variance has been granted by the Board of Directors that is specific to that match, event or training class. At no time does this variance apply to the general membership or any other match or event.