LTC RANGE (3/7/15 YARDS)
NO RIFLES, RIFLE CALIBER FIREARMS, PISTOL CALIBER CARBINES (PCC), AR PISTOLS, SHOTGUNS, LEVERGUNS,
OR LONG GUNS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED.
1. All shooting shall be done from behind the firing line, and on this range, we provide a standing bench – no shooting in front of, or behind, this line for any reason at any time. Shooting from a kneeling, sitting or prone position is PROHIBITED.
2. DO NOT SHOOT THE BENCH! Be sure to watch your muzzle elevation when shooting.
3. Shoot only at approved targets, which on this range are as follows:
a. Paper or cardboard targets mounted on club target stands, placed at 3, 7, or 15 yards ONLY. No cans, bottles, boxes etc. are permitted. Use only the target frames stored in the concrete block closet next to the LTC range only. Place the target frames back in the LTC target closet when finished shooting.
b. Clay shotgun targets (pigeons) may be used as targets and must be placed on the face of the impact berm, no higher than 48 inches measured from the ground to the top of the target.
c. Under no circumstance is anyone to place or staple targets to the wooden cross ties that protect the metal target stand. This includes the berm retaining wall made from wooden cross ties.
4. Do not shoot the concrete block safety wall.
5. All rounds fired must come to rest in the impact berm.
6. Pick up, and properly dispose of, all fired cartridge cases.
Note: At Club approved matches, events or training classes, you may see a deviation from the standard range rules. Please do not think that as a general member you can mimic these actions as the Match Directors, Event Coordinator, or Instructor have taken additional safety precautions ensuring that the bullets die in the berm and the participants act in a safe manner whereby a Variance has been granted by the Board of Directors that is specific to that match, event or training class. At no time does this variance apply to the general membership or any other match or event.